Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Lesson 10: Grateful for In Childhood

 


What is something you're grateful for in your childhood?

I'm grateful that my dad played sports with us growing up.  My dad loves sports - playing them, watching them, coaching them, analyzing them.  Growing up, he would often take us outside and work on football passing patterns, or the footwork for boxing out when rebounding a basketball, or how to watch a baseball into the glove when you're catching a pop fly - and these were ways he showed love.  (I should  add that he also showed love through words and hugs - this was an additional way of showing love.)  I'm grateful to have had that quality time.  I was glad to have those fundamental skills as I participated in some of these sports growing up.  I'm grateful that, in a family where there were two boys and two girls in the kid set, he included all four of us in the sports lessons and didn't just wait for the boys to get old enough.  I'm grateful that he continued this sports enthusiasm by being at every game / meet / competition as we grew up, cheering us on.  I'm grateful that sports are something we can continue to enjoy as a family, and now my kids spend time with their grandpa learning how to swing a golf club, or playing football.


No comments:

Post a Comment