Thursday, February 17, 2022

Day 18: Trait


What trait do you have that you are grateful for?

When I was in college, we played this ice breaker game at Intervarsity where people had to choose what kind of car you would be.  At age 20, I was hoping that people would choose something special and cool, like a Ferrari.  But what they chose for me was a Subaru - a dependable, reliable car, which at the time I felt was a pretty ordinary and boring way to be.  But now, I'm grateful to have been seen as someone who was reliable.  Who would do what they said they would do, remember to send out the email each week, be reliable to show up for events regularly - in general, not to forget and flake out on people.  I'm lucky to be surrounded by people who are trustworthy with my spouse, family, and closest friends, and it's super nice to be able to count on people.  I mess up sometimes, but now I'm grateful to mostly be a Subaru.

No comments:

Post a Comment