Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Day 17: About Your Job


What is something you are grateful for about your job?

I'm defining my job as "stay at home mom" since that's my current full time occupation.  Something I'm grateful for in having the role of mom be my full time gig is that it gives me lots of time to do read alouds with my kids.  What this looks like changes with every age and interest.  With Ivy, it's lots of picture books from the library throughout the day.  With the bigger kids, I have a chapter book of their choice that we read through together at night.  

But the morning is my favorite.  For the last year, we've been reading our way through the Chronicles of Narnia over breakfast, a couple pages at a time.  Right now, we're in "Voyage of the Dawn Treader".  I love watching stories draw the kids in.  I love when Josh has an idea pop into his head about what might happen next and blurts it out because he just can't contain his excitement.  I love how these stories feed my soul as well as the kid's.  And I'm so grateful that my current job and schedule allows for a more leisurely breakfast pace with read aloud time.    

No comments:

Post a Comment