Friday, February 4, 2022

Day 5: Item in my Home



What item in your home are you grateful for?

I think this prompt was pointing more towards inanimate objects, like a blender or washing machine, but there are no prompts on the master list about pets, and I can't let a whole month of gratitude go by without mentioning our dog, Bear!

I am grateful for Bear's unwavering love for his people.  If I go into the bathroom for 15 minutes to take a shower, he is waiting at the door when I come out, tail wagging, like it's the greatest moment of his life that we are reuniting.  When we sit down to watch TV, he's on the couch next to us seconds later, ready for a cuddle. 

I'm grateful that if someone is sad, he's by their side, ready to dole out a lifetime supply of licks.  

I'm grateful for his enthusiasm - When we say the word "walk", he starts doing circles near the leash and you can almost see the cartoon exclamation marks going off in his head.   Even though, in true pug fashion - if we go more than half a mile, he will need the rest of the day to recover from the exercise.  

I'm grateful for how he makes us laugh with his head tilts and the odd way he reacts to so many things.

Even the things that are more difficult are lovable in this dog.  For example:  he and Zoey's endless tug of war power struggle over the rope.

I'm grateful for the joy that pets bring to so many people, and I'm grateful that our dog Bear brings so much joy to our family.  

No comments:

Post a Comment