Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Day 16: Band

 

Here is part of the playlist

What is a band you are grateful for?

Once again, I'm modifying the prompt a bit, and changing it to a Spotify playlist I'm grateful for.  This year, I'm grateful for Zoey's Spotify list.  Both Zoey and I can put up a reserved front, but have big feelings lurking under the surface.  And for both of us, music feels like freedom - it's a way that helps these feelings come out into the world.  The songs are mostly pop, some of which I like more than others, but they are all great for an energizing sing-a-long.  It's been so fun to play a list that Zoey loves as we drive up into the mountains (the other thing that feels like freedom to both of us), and both of us sing along at the top of our lungs.  Sometimes Josh and Ivy join in, sometimes they plug their ears, depending on which song and what mood and how well we're hitting the notes.  Music is a great way for me to bond with Zoey right now, and with all the kids, I'm grateful to find those connection points.  





No comments:

Post a Comment