Sunday, November 26, 2017

Gratitude Series 2018, Day Twenty Six: A Local Spot

I am thankful for Lake Tahoe.  I thought of writing about something more obscure, as there are lots of lesser known spots around Reno that are also super cool.  But if you're doing a 30 day thankfulness list that doesn't include your *actual* very favorite local place (and especially if that place is Lake Tahoe), then you're doing it wrong.

I'm thankful for this breathtaking blue water.  I'm grateful that my kids and I get to have the beach experience each summer, and that our beach includes the smell of pine and the view of mountains.  I'm grateful for all the trails around Tahoe that I'm hoping we will get to explore more as the kids get older.  I'm grateful for the world class ski resorts that maybe someday we'll learn to use, haha.  I'm grateful that such spectacular beauty exists in the world, and that we are lucky enough to live just a short drive away.

No comments:

Post a Comment