Saturday, November 18, 2017

Day 18: A Drink

I am grateful for coffee.  Because I love it so much, I'm grateful that I do not have a refined palate for fancy coffee beans so that I can afford to support my 3 cups a day habit.  I'm grateful that coffee is so ubiquitously available, and that it pairs well with so many different kinds of food.  I'm grateful that you can go to Starbucks and treat yourself with a fancy coffee drink that changes every season.  I'm grateful that coffee can help me power through the day after nights of barely any sleep.  I'm grateful that coffee helps warm me up in the winter.  I'm grateful for the sound and smell of coffee brewing.  I'm grateful that our blue carpet hides coffee stains decently well.  I'm grateful that neither the kids nor the dog tries to beg, borrow, or steal my coffee.  Here's to you, coffee!

No comments:

Post a Comment