Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Day Eight: A Simple Pleasure

I am grateful for the simple pleasure of taking our dog, Gus, for a walk.  I'm grateful we decided to get this dog, as I was ambivalent about adding another creature to our family during such a busy time of life, and now it's hard to imagine our family without him.

I'm grateful that his walks give me a great excuse to get outdoors and feel the sunshine on my face and smell the pine trees and sage brush on the paths near our house.  I'm grateful that he is my trusty companion as I explore some of the beautiful foothill trails on the outskirts of Reno.  I'm grateful that it's possible to get some exercise in such an enjoyable way.  I am amused by Gus's enthusiasm for smelling each and every plant and animal we encounter.

I'm grateful for the peacefulness and solitude of the time when it's just me and Gus, and I'm grateful for the way the kids and Gus all love each other when the whole family is walking together.

No comments:

Post a Comment