Monday, November 20, 2017

Day 20: A Personal Trait or Characteristic

This is hard.  I've started this one and then erased it several times, because it's so hard to do this one without sounding braggy or without questioning whether you fully embody that characteristic.  I'm going to guess that any women doing this exercise along with me might have trouble with this one as well.  So solidarity, sisters!  Despite my discomfort, I'm going to plow ahead.

I am grateful for my faithfulness.  This is a quality that's hugely important to me in others, and that I strive to embody myself.  What I mean by faithfulness is that you are someone others can count on, in all sorts of ways.  They can count on you to show up, to do the things you said you would do, to have your friends' and families' back, and to cling to the things that are important to you (like family, friends, and faith) even when the going gets tough. (And I should add that, from time to time, all of us will mess up in our faithfulness.  As long as you then admit your mistake, reverse course, and choose to go back to being faithful, I consider this to fall well within the realm of faithfulness.)

We chose Ivy's name in part because it means "faithfulness".  I hope to model this for her, and I hope this is something she grows up to be.  I'm grateful that my own parents modeled faithfulness, to each other and to the family and to the things that are important to them.  I'm grateful for those who have been faithful to me.  And I'm grateful for God's faithfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment