Saturday, July 1, 2023

Day 13: A Person

Today's thankful pairs well with yesterday's thankful:  I am grateful for the other homeschool moms we got to know this year.  A worry I had going into homeschool was whether we would all be lonely - not just the kids, but also me.  Thanks to finding community, this was the least lonely year I've had since becoming a stay at home mom.  And these fellow moms gave me more than someone to meet up and chat with on Friday mornings.  They were people who had many of the same ideas and educational philosophies as me, and could offer advice and encouragement.  When you're on a road that's different than many, it's such a blessing to travel with others who are on that same road.  

I'm especially thankful for two "includer" moms - Karen and Jessica.  Jessica started a nature club and Karen started an art club, which gave us two places to meet with other families regularly.  And both of them are always hosting other events, and inviting more people to join, and being extremely welcoming to the newer / quieter ones in the bunch.  Aren't people like this just the best, in any context?  They make the community they are in bigger and better by being so inviting to all.  I am super grateful for Karen and Jessica.  

No comments:

Post a Comment