Sunday, July 23, 2023

Day 25: Another Person

The cake she made me!

I am thankful for my friend Autumn.  I don't even know where to start, there's so much to say here - so let's start at the beginning:  I'm thankful for the way she is very intentional about friendships, and so very generous and including with bringing new people into her life.  When I first moved to Reno, I didn't know anyone beyond family.  Autumn was so kind to regularly invite me over and include me in get togethers.  For my 30th birthday, when we were still new friends, Autumn set up a whole party and made this beautiful cake (pictured above), which was so over the top kind.  And she does this sort of thing all the time, for new and old friends - she's generous, thoughtful, and kind with friendships and hospitality.

Second, she's really got a knack for both teaching and learning.  I can think of so many things she taught me that turned out to be extremely useful - how to set up and take apart a breast pump, how to use a camping stove, ideas for schedule and curriculum with homeschooling multiple kids, and so many other things.  When she has knowledge, she is so enthusiastic about sharing it.  And when she has something she wants to learn, she is very intentional about seeking out that information, always learning and growing.  

Third, she's a great adventure buddy.  She knows great spots for hiking, camping, and other outdoor activities in our region, and she's always up for going together.  She's helped us get into family camping, and led the way on one of my all time favorite outdoor memories - a sunset swim with our kids during a camp at Boca.  

Fourth, she's got an active and vibrant faith that shines out in everything she does.  Whether she's singing worship songs, or discussing prayer requests, or a favorite Bible verse - you can see her faith shining in all of it.  As well as in the way she supports and loves her friends and family so well.  She's a constant encouragement to me in my faith, and I know to many others as well.  

I'm so grateful for Autumn!

No comments:

Post a Comment