Saturday, July 15, 2023

Day 19: Something About Work


Since my work right now is homeschool, I will once again write about that - I promise I'm not trying to be an infomercial!  I'm grateful for all the time that homeschool allows me to spend with my kids.  It's a funny thing, for those of us who get to spend the first few years at home with babies and toddler - those are physically intensive years with some very sweet moments - but a lot of it is just supervising, feeding, changing diapers, giving baths - keeping the child alive and well.  Right as they get to the age where they can do a lot of their self care on their own, and can have more interesting conversations, play more interesting games, read more interesting books, go on longer hikes and other outings -- this is the same age that they start grade school.  I'm grateful that I get spend more hours in this golden age range together with the kids.  

Always want to clarify, with this kind of post - I know so many terrific parents and terrific kids with very close family relationships whose kids go to outside of the house school.  This is what my own oldest two kids did for most of elementary school, and I still got lots of good time with them, as I'm sure any of you readers who this applies to do.  This is a selfish grateful - my personality is much better suited for older kids than the youngest kids, and I'm grateful that I get to spend full days with them as older kids after a decade with babies and toddlers in the mix.  





No comments:

Post a Comment