Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Day 27: A Gift You Received

 


There's something special about Christmas gifts you receive as a kid.  Today, I'm grateful for the memory of the year when my brother and I received rollerblades, and my sister (who always likes to put her own unique spin on things) received roller skates.  And even though we usually hoped for snow on Christmas, that year we were so grateful for dry streets and unusually warm temperatures, so we could use all of Christmas afternoon to test out our new wheels.  I'm grateful for all the memories of blading around the roller rink with elementary school friends and feeling that surge of energy when the song "Footloose" came on.  I'm grateful for outdoor games involving the rollerblades, walkie talkies, and secret missions.  I'm grateful to be a child of the 1980s, when there was a little more freedom to roam and zoom recklessly down hills.  I'm grateful for my parents' generosity in giving us this gift and the hundreds of hours of fun they produced.  

No comments:

Post a Comment