Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Day 15: A Life Lesson

(not a pic of me or my space)

First off, I am grateful for this prompt, because if you take any time looking at my backlist blog posts, you will see that I like to turn everything into a life lesson.  To the point that it's a little ridiculous :).  Cheers to the life lessons that can be found in so many things!  

The life lesson I'm grateful for today isn't particularly deep, but it's one that has packed a lot of punch for me.  I'm grateful for the lesson that the way to get more of something in your life isn't to just care about it more, but to actually schedule it in until it's a solid part of your routine.  Two things I care about getting in regularly are exercise and spiritual disciplines, but these are also things that can quickly fall of the radar when life gets busy.  I've found that much more than reading a book about how much these things matter, or talking to someone about how I'd really like to get more runs in, the thing that actually leads to positive change is making the plan - put the times in the schedule - and then stick to them, regardless of mood or energy level or weather.  I'm grateful for the books and teachers that showed me this lesson, and for times in life that I didn't follow this method and saw how quickly things can fall away.  

No comments:

Post a Comment