Wednesday, July 12, 2023

Day 16: A Person You Look Up To


I look up to my sister for her recent graduation with a masters degree in counseling.  She completed this rigorous, full time 3 year program while also working part time and raising four kids.  I remember grad school as being extremely challenging, and that was with no job and no kids.  I am so impressed that she pulled this off as a feat of time management.  

But even more than that, I'm impressed that she responded to a calling that matches her talents, her deep empathy and compassion, her listening skills, and her desires.  It's easy to feel that life is set in stone, that it's too late to pursue a dream, WAY before this is actually true.  It's easy to mistake challenging for impossible.  It's definitely harder to pursue a new career and an additional degree later in life.  But because she took on this challenge, she now has the degree to pursue a career path that will allow her to put her deepest skills and talents to good use in helping the world.  I'm so proud of my sister, and so grateful for her inspiring decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment