Saturday, November 19, 2016

Day 4: Food

Day 4:  What food are you grateful for?



I am grateful for sushi.  It's not an every week or even every month meal for me - it's a special treat.  It's often the chosen meal for celebrations, so it feels festive.  Coming off 9 months of pregnancy, I'm grateful to have the green flag to eat it again.  One of Reno's distinctives is a plethora of all-you-can-eat sushi restaurants, and so I also associate sushi with abundance.  (The plate pictured above is what we call a starter here in northern Nevada.)  I'm grateful to live in a time and place in history where, every once in awhile, you can eat ridiculously big and lavish meals.  I had never tried sushi until Kenny and I started dating (this might sound crazy to people on the coasts, but is pretty common for Midwesterners) - he introduced me to what is now one of my favorite meals - so I also associate sushi with happy early memories with Kenny, for which I am extremely grateful.


No comments:

Post a Comment