Wednesday, November 16, 2016

30 days: Smell

I've done a thankfulness post every November since I started this blog, and this year, I'm going to try something a little different.  I found this image on Pinterest, and I thought it would be fun to use it as a writing prompt for the next 30 days.  (I might miss days, but I will make every effort to do catch up days promptly.)  I'm not going to put these up on Facebook (other than this starter one) - just on my blog - but if you are interested, I would love to have you participate along with me in the comments, on your own blog, on Facebook - wherever!





To kick off, I will start today with Prompt #1:  What smell are you grateful for today?

I am grateful for the smell of food prepared by other people.  As most of you know, we brought a new baby home 3 weeks ago, and friends from church and MOPS have been bringing us dinner every few days to help ease the transition.  This smell brings gratitude for many reasons:
  • The meals have been delicious!  And I love to eat delicious food!  
  • It's work off my plate - in these weeks where I'm working pretty hard around the clock, I'm so grateful to everyone who finds ways to lighten the load.
  • Friendship - It's not a small thing thing to plan, shop for, prepare, and transport a full meal for a family.  If you work full time or if you have small kids of your own, which describes almost everyone who brought us meals, the logistics of meal provision (and then figuring out dinner for your own family) get even trickier.  I'm so grateful that people care that much for us, or care in general about helping people out in their time of need.  

No comments:

Post a Comment