Saturday, October 27, 2018

Day 7: To taste...

I am grateful to taste Chili's Southwest Egg Rolls.  Since we have 3 young kids, we very rarely eat dine-in meals at restaurants, and I do a LOT of food preparation.  So it's a big treat for me to get restaurant food that someone else has prepared.  There's a Chili's near our house, they have an easy take-out system, and they have food options that work for everyone in our family, so Chili's is one of our regular go-tos.  Feeding Josh and Ivy is especially tricky, since Josh is extremely picky and Ivy is at that in-between age where she won't eat a full restaurant meal but she needs more than just a few bites of my food.  Chili's has a "triple dipper" appetizer option where I can get chicken tenders to feed Josh (since breaded chicken product is the one restaurant food he will eat), some other side to feed Ivy, and then get these delicious Southwest egg rolls for the rest of us to share.  I didn't mean for this post to turn into an advertisement for Chili's, although I am a fan - I'm just so grateful for the break and help in feeding our family, for a restaurant that meets all our food needs, for living in a time that you can get restaurant food and drive it back to your house, and for delicious food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment