Monday, October 15, 2018

Day 2: About My Health...

Backpacking trip up Mt. Blanca
 I am grateful for the great blessing of good health so far throughout my life.  Health is one of those things that I often take for granted, so it's good to have a prompt to remember what a difference it makes.  When I was younger, good health allowed me to participate in many fun and memorable activities - volleyball and track teams in high school and college, climbing mountains while living in Colorado, and running half marathons.

Now that I'm older, every brief bout with sickness or injury reminds me how much I rely on good health to take care of my family.  Caring for little kids takes a surprising amount of energy and physical stamina, and it's really hard to manage when you as the caretaker are ill, or when part of your body needs to rest because it's injured.  I've never had a major or chronic illness or injury, and I'm extremely grateful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment