Thursday, October 25, 2018

Day 5: Financially...

I am grateful that God has always provided money for my basic needs to be met, whether this was through my parents, a job, a student loan, or family income.  I'm not saying there's never been lean times, or that I don't follow a budget, but I've never been in a position where I had to worry about where my or my kids' next meal was coming from.  And I realize that this fact alone puts me in a category of ridiculous wealth compared to almost all other times and places in history.  It lets me think about things other than survival.  It lets me enjoy and/or worry about all kinds of things other than money, which is only possible because there is more than enough to pay for food, housing, and clothing.  I am so grateful for the huge blessing of God's financial provision, and I hope that reflection on this great blessing causes me to be more generous.

No comments:

Post a Comment