Monday, November 26, 2018

Day 30: For this challenge because...

I am grateful for this challenge because of the depth of questions on this list (see Day 1 for the full list).  I've done this 30 day gratitude challenge for the past 3 years and it's always helpful to spend an extended time reflecting on all the blessings in your life.  But this particular list focused more on intangible things than the past lists, and even on some challenges.  It caused me to remember people and events that go way back in time, and to reframe certain difficult memories through a lens of gratitude.  I'm hoping that this mental stretching in what constitutes a blessing will be helpful to me in having gratitude towards a wider range of things in my life going forward.  I'm hoping that I will more often think of the people in my life, or situations that are challenging, or regular parts of my life that I just don't give much thought to one way or the other, and see the rich amount of goodness that can be found in all of it if I just bother to look.  I'm grateful that this challenge has helped me grow in this way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment