Saturday, November 24, 2018

Day 29: The Inspiration of..

I am thankful for the inspiration of the Obamas.  I listened to two podcasts this week that interviewed each of them (David Axelrod interviewed President Obama, Oprah interviewed Michelle Obama)(and for the record, i almost always listen to David Axelrod's podcast and almost never listen to Oprah's, but that's the subject of a different conversation), and it was inspiring to hear from both of them.  Listening to the interview with President Obama, it was so inspiring to hear someone with such intelligence, humor, grace, and poise speak.  It was good to hear a former president draw on the positive things about our country and our shared humanity, rather than tapping into messages of fear.  It was heartening to remember that our presidential leadership has not always been the way it currently is, and will not always be this way.  Though I disagree with President Obama on some of his policy and political positions,  I respect that he comes to his positions thoughtfully, intelligently, and compassionately.  I deeply admire the way he held the office with dignity and without scandal.  Listening to the interview with Michelle Obama, I had several of the same thoughts - I also admire her intelligence, humor, grace, and poise.  I admire the way she is real, but also so impressive.  It's exciting to think about what both of them might do with their lives to inspire and improve the country in the next several decades, and I'm very grateful for their leadership and example. 

No comments:

Post a Comment