Sunday, November 18, 2018

Day 25: So far this year

Cleft palate repair at CHKD
I am thankful that, so far this year, we have had zero surgeries and zero emergency room visits.  Our first year as parents was spent with many, many weeks in hospital rooms.  Josh has had fifteen total surgeries.  This is our first calendar year since we became parents that we haven't had a pediatric surgery. 

I haven't kept as close of track on emergency room visits, but I think this might also be the first calendar year since becoming parents where we haven't had cause to visit a children's emergency room. 

Yosemite!
I don't know what the future holds, and I don't know if this is just a calm year in an ongoing storm, or if we've finally turned the corner toward a more permanent state of good health.  The special needs journey is full of surprises.  But I'm profoundly grateful that we've had such a good year with virtually no health problems.  It means we get to enjoy more moments like the one pictured to the right.  It means we all get to have more laughter and less stress.  I'm so grateful that God has brought us safely through so many health problems, and I'm so grateful for a calm, healthy year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment