Thursday, December 15, 2016

Day 30: Talent / Skill

Day 30:  What talent or skill do you have that you are grateful for?



I am grateful to have a law degree.  I'm grateful for the work I got to do before I started staying home with the kids.  I'm grateful for the employment I will be able to seek when I return to work.  I'm grateful to be able to earn a living doing something that I enjoy and find challenging (in a good way) and meaningful.  And for right now, while I'm out of the workforce, I'm grateful for the ways it helps me in every day life, especially for stuff with Joshua like dealing with health insurance companies, attending IEP meetings, applying for Medicaid waiver programs, and keeping track of paperwork.  There are plenty of parents who do an awesome job of these tasks without a law degree, but it gives a big confidence boost to have specialized training in gathering and presenting evidence, writing appeals, and finding and using the relevant rules to bolster your case.

No comments:

Post a Comment