Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Day 29: Friend / Family Member

Day 29:  What friend / family member are you most grateful for today?


I am grateful for my sister!  She was born just 17 months after me, so we share (almost) a lifetime of history.  So many memories...playing Narnia in the coat closet, doing workouts together, fighting over shared clothes in high school, inappropriately laughing during Christmas Eve church services, and the list could go on for pages.  During our years between high school and having kids, my sister would visit me everywhere I lived, often multiple times a year, even though I was a plane flight away.  We had kids at the same time, so we've been able to share the joys and struggles of parenting.  We have very similar faith beliefs, so we can share prayer requests and have conversations about faith.  We share an extended family, all our maternity and baby clothes, reading recommendations, and a similar sense of humor.  I am so, so grateful for my sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment