Saturday, December 3, 2016

Day 18: Art

Day 18:  What piece of art are you grateful for?

This is both funny and true.


This is the first one I've had to think really hard about what to choose.  I can think of hundreds of books and songs I'm grateful for (and those are certainly types of art, although other prompts in this 30 day series address those thing), but visual art is something that I'm not very well versed in.  And although the question doesn't specifically ask about visual art, that's how I took it on first reading, so that's where I,m going to go with it.  I'm grateful that really beautiful art exists, and I love pieces like Van Gogh's Starry Night or Monet's Water Lilies -- but if I'm being honest, they don't hold any special meaning for me.

What I really like, though it's about as low brow as it gets, is "art" with a sense of humor, like really funny memes.  I know that memes are not all good - sometimes they are overly mean, or dumb down a complicated conversation in an unhelpful way.  But I'm grateful for memes that make you literally laugh out loud, something we can all use more of in our life.

No comments:

Post a Comment