Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Day 5: A Friend


Today I'm writing about a person who might not want their name on the blog, tiny as the audience is, so I'm going to keep it a little more general than usual.  I met this person as part of raising kids, and didn't at all expect it to turn into a friendship.  It's hard to make friends in your 30s and 40s, with life being so busy and people already having friends in place, so it feels like such an unexpected blessing when a new friend comes into your life in this stage.  This person has been a source of inspiration, ideas, support, and laughs. She's shown me new books and new music that are now favorites.  She gives me new nature and adventure ideas.  But most of all, there's something about our personalities that sees the world in a similar way - and what a gift that is, at any time in life, to find someone with mutual understanding, who you feel like they really get what you're saying.  I'm grateful for this friendship.  

No comments:

Post a Comment