Saturday, September 24, 2016

Sleeping children

This might be the most gratuitous blog I've ever posted, but one of the fun things about having a blog is that you can post whatever the heck you want.  So today's post is pictures of my sleeping children!  I can't imagine that this will be interesting to anyone besides me - that's what I mean by gratuitous - so if you somehow managed to stumble upon this post
in cyberspace, my apologies - maybe you will enjoy the sleep quotes.

"I love sleep.  My life has a tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?"  --Ernest Hemingway

"We are such stuff as dreams are made on; and our little life is rounded with a sleep."  --William Shakespeare
"It is a common experience that a problem difficult at night is resolved in the morning after the committee of sleep has worked on it."  -- John Steinbeck

"The serpent, the king, the tiger, the stinging wasp, the small child, the dog owned by other people, and the fool:  these seven ought not to be awakened from sleep."  --Chanakya

“That sound of settling into the sheets and the covers has to be one of the best things in the world. Sleep is a mercy. You can feel it coming on, like being swept up in something.” -- Marilynne Robinson


“There is a time for many words, and there is also a time for sleep.” - Homer, The Odyssey

No comments:

Post a Comment