Thursday, November 2, 2017

Gratitude Series 2018, Day Two: An Article of Clothing

I am grateful for holiday socks.  They are a cheery, colorful, fun item of clothing that brings me joy during the cold, dark months of November through March. 

Sometimes, holiday socks also remind me of friends.  I had a pair of St. Patrick's Day socks that reminded me of my friend Judy and our trip to Ireland during a Spring Break several years ago, but I loved them so much that I wore holes into them.  I was telling another friend, Susan, that I would have to throw my beloved St. Patrick's Day socks away, and she kindly bought me another pair.  So now I think of her when I wear my new socks, and I also think about how you can bring so much joy to your friends by simply listening to the things that are important to them and then remembering those things when the opportunity comes up to buy a gift or offer an encouraging word.

No comments:

Post a Comment