Thursday, November 30, 2017

Day 30: A Single Moment Today

I am grateful for the moment today of decorating the Christmas tree.  We put on some Christmas music, got out the ornaments, and carefully spread them across the (upper 2/3rds of the) tree (because Ivy).  Our family has a tradition where each member picks out a new ornament each year, so it's fun to reminisce about years past as we put the ornaments up.  We also have a few that are sentimental for other reasons - I have a Geo Metro ornament from my friend Katie that brings back good memories of high school, we have some homemade ornaments from Joshua's preschool years, and I have one that contains a baby picture of me.  We also have some ornaments with words like "peace" and "hope", and I am such a sucker for inspirational words.  The kids get really excited about it, which I know will not always be the case, and it's fun to do a family project together.  I'm grateful for the mix of nostalgia, holiday cheer, and anticipation that goes into decorating the Christmas tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment