Sunday, November 12, 2017

Gratitude Series 2018, Day Twelve: A Person who Makes You Laugh

Guster concert, not the one with the singing Christmas tree
I am grateful for my college roommate Judy.  On paper (and in the initial emails we exchanged, from our AOL accounts), it looked like we couldn't be more different.  Different geography, different interests, different religious backgrounds, you name it.  But it turned out to be a great match.  We stayed as roommates / suitemates for all 4 years of college and have remained close friends ever since.

Track party at Brown / a picture's worth 1,000 words
Most of my favorite memories with Judy involve laughter.  I remember playing AIM karaoke with her, watching bad reality TV and commentating, bringing a talking Christmas tree to a Guster concert and they hooked it up to their sound system so it could sing along (!!!), Willenium sing-alongs, puppy chow making sessions, Judy making the best and funniest signs to support my track meets, and SO many happenings at Brown that, all I'm going to say is, I'm glad we didn't have access to social media in those days.

I'm so grateful for my potna, WMMFN, Judy.

No comments:

Post a Comment