Sunday, November 5, 2017

Gratitude Series 2018, Day Five: A Family Member



Sibling bonding in Cusco, Peru
I'm grateful for my two brothers, Eric and Mitchell.  I had to choose them both at the same time, or the chosen one would lord it over the not chosen one (in the unlikely event that either of them ever reads this blog post).

I'm grateful for Eric because he provides a great foil when Duke beats UNC; because he knows all the inside scoop about Nebraska state politics; because his love of smart cars is unmatched, maybe even by Tesla employees; because I could beat him at basketball until he was a teenager and this memory will forever make me feel athletic; because he is a great dad and it's hilarious to watch him at his daughter's soccer games; and because he's a friend to everyone and i think that's awesome.

I'm grateful for Mitchell because he's always up for a debate on any topic, no matter how ridiculous; because he's endlessly curious, SO smart, and always has a good book recommendation; because he cares deeply about social justice; because he plays a killer version of "Electric Sandman" and all kinds of other fun songs on the guitar; because he's like our own family Carmen San Diego and has given us good excuses to travel around the world; because he does the stereotype of youngest child proud; and because there's no one more fun to exasperate in our family, except maybe me.

I'm grateful for my brothers and the fun and WOO they bring to our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment