Friday, November 17, 2017

Gratitude Series 2018, Day Seventeen: A Dessert

I am grateful for the memory of my wedding rehearsal dinner.  Kenny and I got married in Lincoln, but because Kenny's family is from Reno and we were living in North Carolina at the time, we had people flying in from all over the country to attend the wedding.  It was really special to have so many of our nearest and dearest friends and family under the same roof.

Our meal was at the Lincoln Country Club and honestly, the only specific food item I remember is the flaming dessert.  At the time, I thought it was a little over the top, but now it's the one detail from the food menu that still sticks in my mind.  So the moral of that story is, if you want your food to be memorable, set it on fire.

All the food was delicious, the wine was flowing, the laughs were abundant, and the whole weekend was so full of happiness and promise.  I am really grateful for all the wedding memories, including our rehearsal dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment