Saturday, November 11, 2017

Gratitude Series 2018, Day Eleven: A Person You Can Call

 My mom is someone who I usually call on a weekend afternoon to shoot the breeze, but I can also call her in the middle of the night for an emergency.

She is absolutely my first call, even before Dr. Google, for all health questions for all members of the family (she is a nurse practitioner with experience in a wide variety of settings).

She's my call when I have a cooking question, or want to give or get a book recommendation, or want to share a cute thing that the kids just did.
She keeps me updated on all the happenings of my siblings and grandparents when I have not done a good job keeping in touch with them.  She's fun to talk politics with.  She's knowledgeable about healthy living and exercise.

Best of all, she's a wonderful listener and adviser (did i mention she also has a masters in counseling?).  I always know she cares about my worries, no matter how small, and that she will have my back no matter what.  And that if need be, she will be on the next flight out to Reno.  I'm so grateful for my mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment