Wednesday, July 29, 2026

Day 24: Challenge

This has been a year of many challenges, one serious thing after another, and if I'm being perfectly honest I can't say I'm grateful for any of the challenges. I thought about writing something along the lines of "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger", and it will be wonderful if that turns out to be a result ten years down the road, but that's not where I'm at today. There are two things I can honestly say I'm grateful for right at this moment: 1) When you get through a thing you think you could not survive and you do, that is knowledge to take forward when the next scary thing comes along. 2) It's been a year of chances to see that God's mercies are new every morning; to grow dependence on God and understanding that He is the only sure and steady anchor for my soul; and to take the grip of control I try to keep on my life and try to give it more and more over to God. To the extent that all the things in that second category take hold, I am immensely grateful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment