I am grateful for so many things about my parents. For my mom, I'm grateful for how she role modeled so many things for me: how to earn an education and work a career that you're proud of while also being an involved mother of multiple kids; how to take care of yourself by eating healthy, exercising, reading lots of books, and regularly tending to your faith life; how to laugh; and how to treat people with kindness. For my dad, I'm grateful for how he taught us the fundamentals of so many sports, he taught me to care about the details and to finish strong, and he also role modeled how to balance being involved with your family while managing a demanding career, and how to live a life of strong faith. For both of my parents, I'm grateful that they have always been there for us and always encouraged us; always treated us fairly and kindly; that they both continue to be among the very most important relationships in my life; have shown what a long and happy marriage looks like; and have always loved us so well. I am so grateful for my parents.

No comments:
Post a Comment