Sunday, July 21, 2024

Day 16: A Hobby that Refreshes You


The hobby that I'm grateful for is running. And for today's post, I'm specifically thankful for the mental health benefits that running provides. Aside from prayer, that's nothing that can clear my head and flip my mood like a good run. If I'm feeling stress or nervous energy or frustration, running provides an outlet in which to funnel all that negativity. If I need to work through a problem or process an emotion, running provides the quiet and space for that, and clears away some of the fog and distraction that otherwise tends to linger around the brain. If I'm feeling sluggish, counterintuitively, going for a run often provides a boost of energy. I'm grateful for the mental and emotional boost I get from running. 

No comments:

Post a Comment