Sunday, July 14, 2024

Day 14: Hometown

I've written multiple times about how much I love Reno and Nebraska, but I don't think I've ever written a gratitude post about my actual birth place, which is Sacramento.  We live just two hours away from Sacramento now, so we've had reason to go there for all sorts of different things - doctor's appointments, concerts, school field trips, a fun day trip - enough that I have ample material to write a gratitude post.

Sacramento is an underrated gem of a city.  It's populated enough to boast big city amenities like nice restaurants, big concerts, and an NBA team.  But it's small enough that it doesn't feel so intimidating to get around.  Traffic is nothing like Southern California.  There are many nice nature spots nearby, not to mention the Sierra Nevadas immediately to the East.  We travel to Sacramento every couple years to enjoy the zoo or a concert, or to attend a medical appointment that's not available in Reno, or just to get more of a big city feel but in a very easy to access way.  I'm grateful for these cities that combine the virtues of big city life and a smaller town, and I'm grateful that Sacramento is available nearby for us to enjoy often.


No comments:

Post a Comment