What a sweet way to end this month of thankfuls!
I am thankful for Josh's sense of humor. He has a very dry and sarcastic wit, like his dad, and he's using it more and more to riff in conversations and come up with alternative names for me. He always joins in on a laugh, loves funny movies, is a big time fan of Calvin and Hobbes, and sometimes will even laugh in his sleep. I'm grateful for how this shows the fun and joy in his personality.
I am thankful for Zoey's creativity and intellect as expressed through her writing. Like her mom, Zoey tends to be on the quieter side in social situations, and so people are often blown away by how much is going on in her mind when she has the chance to express it through writing - whether that is a poem for nature group, a letter to a friend or family member, a Power Point for school, or a short story composed for fun. Zoey has a great way with words and I'm grateful that has been an effective way for her to use her voice.
I am thankful for Ivy's competitive spirit. I'm thankful for how it leads her to come up with clever trades and use persuasive tactics in Catan; for how it helps her be brave and persevering in gymnastics; and for the look she gets her in eye when she's about to race anyone. I'm thankful for the juxtaposition of this competitiveness with her very sweet and kind nature, and look forward to seeing how these qualities mesh as she grows older.
Finally, I am thankful for these three as a group - I'm thankful for their sibling bond and I hope they continue to be close friends and supporters of each other as they grow into adulthood. I'm thankful that they have each other through the ups and downs of life and I'm thankful for the way that siblings can potentially be lifelong friends.

No comments:
Post a Comment