Thursday, August 6, 2026

Day 28: About your Community

I am grateful for our homeschool community. One thing I was really unsure about in starting the homeschool journey was the question of socialization / friendship. I knew our kids would have each other, and that they would see cousins, teammates, and church friends - but that's not exactly the same as knowing a whole community of families who are going down the same educational path. Thankfully, over our four years of homeschooling (and thanks in large part to two wonderful moms who are always organizing and leading new ventures), we have been able to form that community. We've joined other homeschoolers for nature group, art group, Shakespeare group, and literary society; we've participated in field trips, park days, and back yard hang-outs; and we've been lucky to make some really good friends. I'm thankful to the families who are our homeschool besties. 

No comments:

Post a Comment