Saturday, August 17, 2024

Day 26: What Service Are You Grateful For?


 I'm grateful for the service of mail delivery.  I'm grateful how, for a very affordable rate, you can send things to anywhere in the country and most places in the world.  

I'm grateful for the memory of air mail letters in elementary school, when we would write to someone overseas, and then when they wrote back.

I'm thankful for the care packages my grandma sent in college, filled with Scotcharoos or puppy chow or other classic Midwestern treats. 

I'm grateful for the thrill that comes when you find, amidst the sea of political ads and bills, a handwritten letter.  I'm thankful for birthday cards and Christmas cards.

I'm grateful that these days, you can get almost anything you need through the mail - groceries, prescriptions, the entire universe of things that Amazon offers.

And I'm thankful to you, mailmen and mailwomen, for making this all happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment