Friday, November 25, 2016

Day 10: Taste

Day 10:  What taste are you grateful for?



I am grateful for the taste of Sicilia's stuffed crust pizza.  Sicilia's is a restaurant in the Federal Hill (Little Italy) section of Providence, RI.  The first time I visited this restaurant was a couple months into my first semester of college, with my new college roommate Judy (who would continue to be my roommate through all 4 years of college and will continue to be a lifelong close friend, and who I am *extremely* grateful for, much more so than this pizza).  We had attended a concert downtown and were looking for some late night comfort food, and this place fit the bill.  The stuffed crust pies are ridiculous even by pizza standards - there's a solid inch of baked cheese underneath the tomato sauce, which tops a thick, buttery crust - but in college, you can get away with eating that kind of food and not feeling like you're going to die afterwards.  Sicilia's turned into a regular Friday night tradition (also with our good friend Claire, and sometimes others), one of our favorite getaways if we wanted a couple hours away from campus.  We had a favorite waitress who knew our regular order.  I am grateful for the pizza, the friendships of Judy and Claire, and the many good memories at Sicilia's.

No comments:

Post a Comment